Welcome to the VIP Club
Members are retirees, former employees, spouses, and retirement eligible employees of Unisys, Lockheed Martin (LMCO), and their Twin Cities predecessor companies. Join us?
- Golf League starts with an April 17th 'scramble' at Indian Hills - see their web site to 'play' and/or join a team. [3/16/17]
- Volunteer Extraordinaire: Do you know a VIP club member who has gone above and beyond the normal civic, church, ..., volunteerism during 2016 or in recent years? Please send your nomenation(s) to President Keith Behnke before April 7. The selected certificate recipient will be recognized at the April 19th Volunteer Luncheon. At last year's luncheon we honored Dick Lundgren, the prior year was Keith Myhre. [3/8/2017]
- From Tricia Myhre: A TV story on the news this past week was about the last four P-3s which left Hawaii on Thursday for Whidbey Island: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/34619514/navy-retiring-aircraft-that-hunted-submarines-gathered-surveillance UNIVAC/Sperry/UNISYS/LMCO personnel worked on P-3 associated projects/programs from 1965 through 2012! [3/5/2017]
- Hans Neukom is currently researching the ATECO (Automation of Telegram Exchange with COmputers) project of the Swiss PTT in the early 1970s. The ATECO contract was given to the Swiss subsidiary of UNIVAC; the ATECO configuration used three UNIVAC 418-II computers working in parallel to achieve a very high reliability. If you have any experience(s) with this system of 418s or with the '418 sister' computers UNIVAC type 1218/1219, please email us a note. [3/5/2017]
- Former air force space and missile officer Joseph T. Page II seeks assistance documenting the un-classified aspects of the Air Force Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale CA ("Blue Cube", "The Stick", Sunnyvale AFS). If you are willing to add your experiences, email us for a copy of the outline. His 2016 book at https://www.arcadiapublishing.com/Products/9781467136310 included some of the UNIVAC/Sperry experiences at Johnston Island. [3/5/2017]
- Un-retire or grandchild entering the work force? Lockheed Martin has launched a competitive hiring campaign for IT, Engineers, IT Project Managers, and Cyber Security positions throughout the United States and Internationally. Referrals from former Lockheed Martin or UNISYS employees are welcome! Contact Calvetta Phair. [1/22/2017]
Site Redesign: Please be patient as we reconstruct this entire site for ease of reading with smart phones, etc.
Note that some page tabs will link to prior
style and structure. If a button/tab/link doesn't work for you,
send me a note -
The new Cascading Style Sheet controls the style and fonts all pages; for example, if some text is in blue, that is a link to another page, pdf document, or an email address. Many pages will have prior format until conversions are completed. Pages will be reformatted and the select tabs re-connected 'sort of on the fly' as the webmaster has volunteer time available. I hope to be done and have a celebration 'beer' at the June 14th picnic. LABenson! [1/26/2017]
- UBBRG last Newsletter: The Unisys Blue Bell Retirees' Group final newsletter is now linked from our newsletter page. [12/20/2016]
* Contact our webmaster to post items in this section; date in brackets at item's end is posting date or date of item revision.